Octoraro Lodge 22 has over 800 active arrowmen who donate hundreds of service hours annually to help maintain Horseshoe Scout Reservation and encourage camping in Chester County Council. We hope that this site will answer your questions about our lodge. If you have any further questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brothers, Octoraro Lodge will be hosting its annual Lodge Leadership Development on November 9 – 10th at Camp Horseshoe. At the LLD we will be hosting training sessions like Performing Effectively as well as a morning program activity around Horseshoe! IT GETS BETTER: Registration is free and can be found here! We hope to see you there!
When: Saturday, November 10, 2018
Where: Goodman Pavilion, Camp Horseshoe
The Brotherhood Blitz is an opportunity for an eligible Ordeal member to complete Brotherhood in one afternoon, outside of a lodge weekend. There is no cost… it is
FREE! However, your dues must be current (paid for 2019 or later).
If you took the Ordeal in 2017 or before, then you are eligible to “seal your membership” at the Brotherhood Blitz. Brothers who took the Ordeal in 2018 are not eligible to
complete Brotherhood until 2019 — ten months must have elapsed since the Ordeal to be eligible for Brotherhood.
The Brotherhood Blitz “publicity flier and FAQ” has all the details about this event.
Interested Ordeal members should download all the following documents to be ready for the Brotherhood Blitz… the pace is fast… it is essential to “Be Prepared.”
1. Journey’s End (aka “Welcome to the Brotherhood Blitz”) letter
2. Spirit of the Arrow Booklet 8
3. How to Prepare for the Brotherhood Blitz Sheet
4. Brotherhood Questions & Answers Sheet ( password protected )
5. Brotherhood Letter to the Lodge Form ( fillable PDF )
6. Brotherhood Totem Sheet
7. Brotherhood Blitz Schedule
The letter form is for your convenience, it is not required. If you choose to use it, you must print a copy, sign it, and turn it in at the Brotherhood Blitz — do not e-mail it.
Alternatively, you can use your favorite word processor, or a pen, to write your letter in the traditional manner.
The password for the Brotherhood Question & Answer Sheet is the fifth word of the title on page 11 of the 2015 edition of the Order of the Arrow Handbook; it is on page 10 in
Do not be intimidated… Brotherhood is not difficult… it is about choosing to learn more about the Order of the Arrow and understanding all the opportunities available within the
We are looking for staff to help with our annual C5 cub event on October 13 and 14 at Paradise Farms in Downingtown. This is the single biggest Scouting event each year and we need lots of staff to help make this event successful. Even if you can only volunteer part of the weekend, we will gladly accept your service.
To register for the event, click here!
There are still 2018 NOAC patch sets available for purchase. These patch sets include 3 two-piece patches that were made available during the 2018 NOAC at Indiana University. If you would like to purchase a 2018 NOAC patch set, click here.
Looking to flex your leadership muscles next year? We are currently looking for lodge officer candidates to run for office for the 2019 year. This is a great opportunity to serve your lodge and improve upon your leadership skills.
The available offices are: Lodge Chief, Vice Chief x 2, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, and Corresponding Secretary.
But what qualifies someone to run for office?
1. Candidates must be under the age of 21 for the entire length of their officer service (i.e. all of 2019).
2. The candidates must be lodge members in good standing.
3. All officer candidates needed to submit a letter of intent to the nominations committee, the lodge chief, and the lodge adviser, and chief candidates have to also submit a letter of recommendation from their scoutmaster, a former lodge chief, or a former lodge adviser to the same 3 groups – nominations committee, lodge chief, and lodge adviser. Email them here.
4. Lodge Chief candidates only – you must have already served at least 1 year on the lodge committee.
Please send your information for #3 above by Friday 9/21 to be eligible to run.
Thank you, and we look forward to having a fun and competitive election!
The most recent edition of the National Bulletin shines a spotlight on Octoraro Lodge 22 as a “High Performance Lodge” and discusses how we manage to attain that distinction. Check out the excerpt from the National Bulletin.