Octoraro Lodge 22 has over 800 active arrowmen who donate hundreds of service hours annually to help maintain Horseshoe Scout Reservation and encourage camping in Chester County Council. We hope that this site will answer your questions about our lodge. If you have any further questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming up in 2016, there is a unique opportunity to get some top-notch training from the section, regional and national leadership!
#LEAD is a training event being hosted by Sections NE-6A and NE-6B, featuring Arrowmen from all over the 8 lodges in the 2 sections – Kitatinny 5, Sasquesahanough 11, Nentico 12, Nentego 20, Octoraro 22, Wunita Gokhos 12, Guneukitschik 317 and Amangamek-Wipit 470.
The event will be on January 23rd, 2016 (weather date: January 30th) at the Carroll County Community College (click here for directions).
The event cost is FREE to the first 50 Arrowmen who signup. For those who want to travel by bus with the contingent, there is a $15 fee per person. Information about bus travel is in the registration link below.
Below are the listing of the various tracks that you can attend when you register (click READ MORE): There is something for everyone!
There will be a Trail Crew event on November 14th at Goat Hill (adjacent to camp property).
Those who want to participate should meet at 8:45 at Camp Horseshoe HQ and we will be working on the trails at Goat Hill from 9 am to 3 pm.
Equipment and lunch will be provided, though be sure to dress warmly with long pants.
If you are eligible for Brotherhood, you have one more chance to get Brotherhood in 2015! That’s right, on Saturday November 7th, there will be a Brotherhood Blitz where you can complete your Brotherhood!
See attached flyer for details!
To register for the Brotherhood Blitz (free!), click here.
If you are a Lodge Committee member or are more interested in getting involved in the lodge and want to get some great training to help you, LLD is for you!
We are holding a LLD course down at Camp Horseshoe on Friday November 6th that runs to Saturday evening November 7th!
BONUS: All participants will receive a 2015 LLD Lodge Flap!
BONUS 2: The LLD is free!
Here is a unique opportunity for Scouts who want to help Nepal rebuild after a series of horrific earthquakes. You have a chance to travel to Nepal and take part in rebuilding devastated areas in the country along with Nepalese and American Scouts. Please see the flyer below for more details, and remember to #DareToDo!
As of 9/3/2015, the following is done and pending:
1. All large windows removed
2. New end wall siding installed & stained
3. Opening for gable end fan roughed-in
4. Pending: Replace exterior door frames, doors and door hardware
5. Pending: Install & power exhaust fan
6. Pending: Paint newly replaced doors
1. Memorabilia & plaques removed to storage
2. New electrical receptacles and lighting installed
3. Side & end walls insulated
4. New paneling & trim on side and end walls
5. New paneling & trim painted
6. Pending: New HVAC ductwork above ceiling
7. Pending: New insulated ceiling panels
8. Pending: Purchase and install ceiling fans
9. Pending: Convert one restroom to HVAC room
10. Pending: Install refurbished HVAC unit with power, gas & piping
11. Pending: Purchase and install new projection screen
12. Pending: Reinstall memorabilia