The next Lodge Committee meeting will be Sunday November 1st at 2 pm at the Council Service Center. We hope to see you there!
There will be a Trail Crew event on November 14th at Goat Hill (adjacent to camp property).
Those who want to participate should meet at 8:45 at Camp Horseshoe HQ and we will be working on the trails at Goat Hill from 9 am to 3 pm.
Equipment and lunch will be provided, though be sure to dress warmly with long pants.
If you are eligible for Brotherhood, you have one more chance to get Brotherhood in 2015! That’s right, on Saturday November 7th, there will be a Brotherhood Blitz where you can complete your Brotherhood!
See attached flyer for details!
To register for the Brotherhood Blitz (free!), click here.
If you are a Lodge Committee member or are more interested in getting involved in the lodge and want to get some great training to help you, LLD is for you!
We are holding a LLD course down at Camp Horseshoe on Friday November 6th that runs to Saturday evening November 7th!
BONUS: All participants will receive a 2015 LLD Lodge Flap!
BONUS 2: The LLD is free!
Here is a unique opportunity for Scouts who want to help Nepal rebuild after a series of horrific earthquakes. You have a chance to travel to Nepal and take part in rebuilding devastated areas in the country along with Nepalese and American Scouts. Please see the flyer below for more details, and remember to #DareToDo!
As of 9/3/2015, the following is done and pending:
1. All large windows removed
2. New end wall siding installed & stained
3. Opening for gable end fan roughed-in
4. Pending: Replace exterior door frames, doors and door hardware
5. Pending: Install & power exhaust fan
6. Pending: Paint newly replaced doors
1. Memorabilia & plaques removed to storage
2. New electrical receptacles and lighting installed
3. Side & end walls insulated
4. New paneling & trim on side and end walls
5. New paneling & trim painted
6. Pending: New HVAC ductwork above ceiling
7. Pending: New insulated ceiling panels
8. Pending: Purchase and install ceiling fans
9. Pending: Convert one restroom to HVAC room
10. Pending: Install refurbished HVAC unit with power, gas & piping
11. Pending: Purchase and install new projection screen
12. Pending: Reinstall memorabilia
Brothers, we are need of staff for the event below. Please register at the following: http://tinyurl.com/otn668u
The Chester Council County Order of the Arrow Lodge, Octoraro 22, is hosting a Council-wide Cub Scout recruiting effort at Camp Ware. This year’s event promises to be more action packed then last years, including an overnight at the Camp. If you decide to come down for the day – registration will open at 9:00 AM Saturday but it is “come when you can, leave when you must”. We encourage ALL Cub Scouts (Tigers to Arrow of Lights) to bring a friend with them to share the fun of Cub Scouting. The cost of the program will be $10/youth and an additional $5/additional family member. All Cub Scouts that bring a friend will be refunded the cost of the program. The program activities include a night hike, a campfire, BB Shooting, Slingshot paintball, Bottle Rockets launching and other fun activities. Advancement opportunities will be made available. We will also have activities showing Webelos the cool things the Boys Scouts do!
We encourage Packs and Dens to come as units but the event is open to everyone.
The September Fellowship weekend allows new Ordeal and Brotherhood members to be inducted while providing service to the camp combined with special fellowship and games. The Lodge elections also take place this weekend.
September 18th – 20th
*Lobster is on the menu: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any shellfish allergies.