The next Lodge Committee meeting will be Sunday November 1st at 2 pm at the Council Service Center. We hope to see you there!
There will be a Trail Crew event on November 14th at Goat Hill (adjacent to camp property).
Those who want to participate should meet at 8:45 at Camp Horseshoe HQ and we will be working on the trails at Goat Hill from 9 am to 3 pm.
Equipment and lunch will be provided, though be sure to dress warmly with long pants.
If you are eligible for Brotherhood, you have one more chance to get Brotherhood in 2015! That’s right, on Saturday November 7th, there will be a Brotherhood Blitz where you can complete your Brotherhood!
See attached flyer for details!
To register for the Brotherhood Blitz (free!), click here.
If you are a Lodge Committee member or are more interested in getting involved in the lodge and want to get some great training to help you, LLD is for you!
We are holding a LLD course down at Camp Horseshoe on Friday November 6th that runs to Saturday evening November 7th!
BONUS: All participants will receive a 2015 LLD Lodge Flap!
BONUS 2: The LLD is free!
Here is a unique opportunity for Scouts who want to help Nepal rebuild after a series of horrific earthquakes. You have a chance to travel to Nepal and take part in rebuilding devastated areas in the country along with Nepalese and American Scouts. Please see the flyer below for more details, and remember to #DareToDo!
As of 9/3/2015, the following is done and pending:
1. All large windows removed
2. New end wall siding installed & stained
3. Opening for gable end fan roughed-in
4. Pending: Replace exterior door frames, doors and door hardware
5. Pending: Install & power exhaust fan
6. Pending: Paint newly replaced doors
1. Memorabilia & plaques removed to storage
2. New electrical receptacles and lighting installed
3. Side & end walls insulated
4. New paneling & trim on side and end walls
5. New paneling & trim painted
6. Pending: New HVAC ductwork above ceiling
7. Pending: New insulated ceiling panels
8. Pending: Purchase and install ceiling fans
9. Pending: Convert one restroom to HVAC room
10. Pending: Install refurbished HVAC unit with power, gas & piping
11. Pending: Purchase and install new projection screen
12. Pending: Reinstall memorabilia
At the 2015 NOAC, all Arrowmen were challenged – do 100 acts of unselfish service in the next 100 days.
It’s simple. Each day do an act of service, no matter how small, for the other people around you. Post about it on social media using the hashtag #DareToDo — and we’ll make America better, each day, together.
Nottingham Park could use your help directing parking on Saturday October 3rd from 9 am – 3 pm with their Bark in the Park event.
This is a great opportunity for a) getting Arrowman Service Award hours, b) getting rank advancement service hours and c) doing your part in the #DareToDo challenge.
For more information and questions, contact Jay Gregg at email@example.com.