The Order of the Arrow’s Summit Experience program is the newest addition to the exclusive programs offered through OA High Adventure!
Also, all High Adventure bases are currently taking applications for 2016! You can sign-up here!
Here is a unique opportunity for Scouts who want to help Nepal rebuild after a series of horrific earthquakes. You have a chance to travel to Nepal and take part in rebuilding devastated areas in the country along with Nepalese and American Scouts. Please see the flyer below for more details, and remember to #DareToDo!
As of 9/3/2015, the following is done and pending:
1. All large windows removed
2. New end wall siding installed & stained
3. Opening for gable end fan roughed-in
4. Pending: Replace exterior door frames, doors and door hardware
5. Pending: Install & power exhaust fan
6. Pending: Paint newly replaced doors
1. Memorabilia & plaques removed to storage
2. New electrical receptacles and lighting installed
3. Side & end walls insulated
4. New paneling & trim on side and end walls
5. New paneling & trim painted
6. Pending: New HVAC ductwork above ceiling
7. Pending: New insulated ceiling panels
8. Pending: Purchase and install ceiling fans
9. Pending: Convert one restroom to HVAC room
10. Pending: Install refurbished HVAC unit with power, gas & piping
11. Pending: Purchase and install new projection screen
12. Pending: Reinstall memorabilia
At the 2015 NOAC, all Arrowmen were challenged – do 100 acts of unselfish service in the next 100 days.
It’s simple. Each day do an act of service, no matter how small, for the other people around you. Post about it on social media using the hashtag #DareToDo — and we’ll make America better, each day, together.
Nottingham Park could use your help directing parking on Saturday October 3rd from 9 am – 3 pm with their Bark in the Park event.
This is a great opportunity for a) getting Arrowman Service Award hours, b) getting rank advancement service hours and c) doing your part in the #DareToDo challenge.
For more information and questions, contact Jay Gregg at email@example.com.
Octoraro 22 is celebrating the centennial anniversary of the OA with a centennial event – a Day of Service!
Volunteers to assemble at 8:30am on October 10th for coffee and donuts and for planting instructions. After that work will commence. Projects should be completed by noon, but if a few want to stay longer at each site to check the work, then they may want to bring a lunch. Both BVA and CRC will have water for the volunteers.
Darlington Photos from 10/10 Day of Service:
Update 10/8/2015: 450 trees have been dropped at the Parkesburg site for planting on Saturday. Pictures below!